Before we commence, let’s take a look at what customer engagement implies?
CX dictionary says, customer engagement is the emotional connection between a customer and a brand. Highly engaged customers buy more, promote more and demonstrate more loyalty. Providing a high-quality customer experience is an important component in your customer engagement strategy.
This is just a verbalized definition. Take a look at these statistics that illustrate how vital customer engagement truly is and why you should take it really seriously!
- McKinsey reports that maximizing satisfaction with customer journeys has the potential to not only increase customer satisfaction by 20%, but also to lift revenue by up to 15%.
- eConsultancy found that consumers prefer assistance over the following channels: Phone (61%), email (60%), live chat (57%), online knowledge base (51%), “click-to-call” support automation (34%).
- More than50% of organizations will redirect their investments to customer experience innovations by 2018.
- Aberdeen Group Inc. claims that companies with the strongest omni-channel customer engagement strategies retain an average of 89% of their customers, as compared to 33% for companies with weak omni-channel strategies.
- 89%of customers get frustrated because they need to repeat their issues to multiple representatives.
- Convince and Convert has found out that answering a social media complaint increases customer advocacy by as much as 25% whilst not answering a complaint decreases customer advocacy by as much as 50%.
Now that you can see how important customer engagement is, in order to accomplish it, you need to have a robust customer engagement software or customer engagement platform in place. Here’s how they help:
- A customer engagement software helps build brand loyalty, aids you to gain valuable insight and deliver exceptional customer experience that’s needed to secure a customer for life.
- Customer engagement software help you to encapsulate and scrutinize data from every consumer touchpoint, letting you to comprehend which relations are growing engagement and which are not. With the understandings, you can build a customer engagement prototype that frameworks what kinds of involvements you want to deploy at each stage of the customer journey.
- A customer engagement software robustly influences connections and communications across all channels, redesigning the way you engage with your customers across their lifecycle.
- With the assistance of a customer engagement software, you will witness quantifiable development in acquisition, retention, cross-selling and customer service contentment across channels.
- Certain customer engagement software help you provide exceptional customer service through social channels. They allow you to take note, evaluate and collect insight into exchanges happening online and in social media. Whether it’s through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, forums or online communities, they let you develop real human relationships by identifying and engaging with customers in real time, no matter which part of the globe they are in.
- Customer engagement software allow you to use targeted, automated messages like email, in-app & push notification to onboard new users, announce new features and re-engage customers who may be slipping away.
Now that you know why customer engagement today is more crucial than ever before, there are a host of customer engagement software that can help your brand gain great momentum. Choose wisely!
Irrespective of how small or large your business is, you will not have a business without your customers. Period! Thus, providing your customers with the highest level of gratification and drive through constructive customer engagement is vital to your business’ success.
Plus, today customers are more knowledgeable than ever before — they assess prices, evaluate services and read reviews on the web before making a purchase. Advent of the World Wide Web and thereafter of social media has totally transformed the way customers used to behave. They are now extremely selective about connecting with a brand.
This is why customer engagement is critical for a business:
- You don’t want to lose old customers; plus, new businesses are difficult to come by and they increase costs enormously…almost 7 times more!
- Customers who are engaged will stay loyal to you for longer, thus also enhancing your customer retention rate. 86% of customers who receive poor customer service, will quit doing business with you.
- Engaged customers will do business only with you no matter what.
- Over a period of time, they will also become your promoter persuading others to follow suit.
- Customer engagement helps position your brand better and helps in image building.
- With concrete customer engagement, you can generate a revolution by mustering your fans on social media.
What is a customer engagement software?
Customer engagement software is largely outlined as a software that supervises customer communications and interactions throughout a variety of channels and touchpoints. Customer engagement software can cover CRM systems, web chat, social media, marketing personalization and customer self-service.
So, why do you need a customer engagement software? How will they help?
- Customer engagement software provides you a platform for every stage of the customer journey, delivering great experiences that drive loyalty and brand advocacy.
- A customer engagement software can efficiently implement campaigns, offers and policies across any channel in real time. They provide a single place for marketers to effortlessly design, build and execute strategies and campaigns with tools to simulate and test the potential impact of even the most complex strategies before putting them into action.
- With the right software, you can engage customers with offers, actions and messages that demonstrate a clear understanding of their needs and context.
- You can meet customers on any channel they choose and transition seamlessly across channels without losing context.
- With powerful customer engagement software, you can use predictive analytics with inbound and outbound campaigns to accurately anticipate customer behavior such as nurture, offer acceptance or churn.
- You can also respond to customers with real-time, one-to-one communications executing the optimal next best action based on your strategy and their demands.
- Increase customer lifetime value by centralizing and integrating strategies for customer acquisition, retention, upsell, cross sell, nurturing and customer onboarding.
- With customer engagement software, you can minimize complexities of customer engagement and cross channel marketing with automated tools for customer relationship management.
- You can also continuously adapt strategies with self-learning technology that enables you to evolve the relevancy and timeliness of each offer action without needing help from data experts.
Now that you know why you need a customer engagement software or a customer engagement platform for your business, go ahead and make your pick from an assortment of comprehensive software available. Make the pick
Defined plainly, customer engagement is the profundity of the association a consumer has with a brand. Needless to say, the better the customer engagement is, the better the customer experience is and thus greater customer loyalty. Consumer is King and exercises more power over any business with his access to unlimited information and choices making customer engagement all the more significant.
Whether its buying a product, reading a post on social media, getting updates via email, reading an online review or seeing an ad on a billboard, with every exposure to a brand, customer engagement is either built or destroyed with the customer’s every move.
How to you define a customer who’s highly engaged?
Below are different personalities that embody an engaged customer’s performance:
- Buyers– Obviously, a highly engaged customer with your brand will buy from you and not your competition. If kept highly engaged, they will keep buying from you.
- Advocates – They promote your brand name to family and friends via word-of-mouth marketing. They not only consume from you but also announce your brand content across various channels including social networks.
- Responders– When a customer is highly satisfied by the customer experience they receive, they deliver continuous feedback and have constant interchange of ideas with the brand. The feedback they provide is extremely vital for a business’s wellbeing and brand development. They feel they’re part of the brand.
- Devotees– They’re not just customers, they will stick to your brand loyally. They purchase, advocate and respond to become loyalists.
So, why is customer engagement imperative?
Here are some stats to demonstrate how and why customer engagement and experience and so crucial for the growth of a business.
Signup for free Ezeassist- Cloud based SaaS account to manage your customer data.