Before we commence, let’s take a look at what customer engagement implies?
CX dictionary says, customer engagement is the emotional connection between a customer and a brand. Highly engaged customers buy more, promote more and demonstrate more loyalty. Providing a high-quality customer experience is an important component in your customer engagement strategy.
This is just a verbalized definition. Take a look at these statistics that illustrate how vital customer engagement truly is and why you should take it really seriously!
- McKinsey reports that maximizing satisfaction with customer journeys has the potential to not only increase customer satisfaction by 20%, but also to lift revenue by up to 15%.
- eConsultancy found that consumers prefer assistance over the following channels: Phone (61%), email (60%), live chat (57%), online knowledge base (51%), “click-to-call” support automation (34%).
- More than50% of organizations will redirect their investments to customer experience innovations by 2018.
- Aberdeen Group Inc. claims that companies with the strongest omni-channel customer engagement strategies retain an average of 89% of their customers, as compared to 33% for companies with weak omni-channel strategies.
- 89%of customers get frustrated because they need to repeat their issues to multiple representatives.
- Convince and Convert has found out that answering a social media complaint increases customer advocacy by as much as 25% whilst not answering a complaint decreases customer advocacy by as much as 50%.
- 40% of customers who complain in social expect a response within one hour.
Now that you can see how important customer engagement is, in order to accomplish it, you need to have a robust customer engagement software or customer engagement platform in place. Here’s how they help:
- A customer engagement software helps build brand loyalty, aids you to gain valuable insight and deliver exceptional customer experience that’s needed to secure a customer for life.
- Customer engagement software help you to encapsulate and scrutinize data from every consumer touchpoint, letting you to comprehend which relations are growing engagement and which are not. With the understandings, you can build a customer engagement prototype that frameworks what kinds of involvements you want to deploy at each stage of the customer journey.
- A customer engagement software robustly influences connections and communications across all channels, redesigning the way you engage with your customers across their lifecycle.
- With the assistance of a customer engagement software, you will witness quantifiable development in acquisition, retention, cross-selling and customer service contentment across channels.
- Certain customer engagement software help you provide exceptional customer service through social channels. They allow you to take note, evaluate and collect insight into exchanges happening online and in social media. Whether it’s through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs, forums or online communities, they let you develop real human relationships by identifying and engaging with customers in real time, no matter which part of the globe they are in.
- Customer engagement software allow you to use targeted, automated messages like email, in-app & push notification to onboard new users, announce new features and re-engage customers who may be slipping away.
Now that you know why customer engagement today is more crucial than ever before, there are a host of customer engagement software that can help your brand gain great momentum. Choose wisely!